Food and Beverage
Continuously improve food safety and food quality with an effective Food Safety and Quality System.
Purdue MEP offers a full range of safety and quality services specific to food manufacturers throughout the state of Indiana. These offerings range from technical project assistance to developing and implementing food safety procedures, which includes on-site training and employee development.
How Purdue MEP can help:
Consulting / Implementation / Training
- Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA):
Compliance, Gap Analysis, Consulting: consulting to help meet regulatory compliance for FSMA, as well as Food Safety Plan development assistance to training, and implementation consulting to ensure facilities are in compliance.
- Food Safety Preventive Controls Alliance (FSPCA) Training:
Learn how to meet FSMA requirements, through classes taught using FDA's standardized curriculum.
- Preventive Controls for Human Foods (PCQI)
- Preventive Controls for Animal Foods (PCQI)
- Foreign Supplier Verification Program (FSVP)
- Coming Soon: Conducting Vulnerability Assessments
- Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI):
- Safe Quality Foods (SQF), British Retail Consortium (BRC), FSSC 22000
- If companies need, or are required to have a 3rd party GFSI audit, we provide consulting to certify plants. We provide consulting, training, and implementation to meet GFSI requirements.
- Food Safety Plans:
Plans are now required for most food manufacturing companies. We provide assistance with developing Food Safety Plans and the help needed to have fully documented and implemented plans.
- Risk Assessments:
We provide assessments for a wide range of areas or programs at facilities. Risk assessments are for the introduction of allergens (new or different types), the facility and environment, raw materials, or operation processes.
- Corrective and Preventive Actions:
We provide consulting for internal deviations or customer complaints.
- Audits - Internal or External:
We can conduct or assist with internal audit programs, GFSI audits, or work as an extension of your quality department and audit your external suppliers.
- Food Safety Training:
We conduct employee training for all levels of employees which can consist of new employee training, annual refresher training, or any other training companies may need.
- Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), Sanitation, Etc.
We conduct GMP training, consulting, and/or implementation to ensure companies are operating at the highest standards and to ensure the safe production of food.
Purdue MEP has provided the following solutions to our Food & Beverage clients within the last few months:
- Certification Preparation for SQF and ISO
- HACCP and FSCPA Training
- Frontline Leadership Training
- Product Testing
- Product Design and Packaging Design - Exploring Cost Reduction and Improved Marketing
- Employee Retention
- Pursuing Military Sales Avenues
- Search Engine Optimization
- Grant Writing
- Additive Manufacturing
- Collaborative Robotics Assistance
- Digital Manufacturing & Design Assessments
- Digital Manufacturing Technology Center (DMTC)
- Employee Attraction & Retention
- Energy Efficiency & Sustainability
- Faculty Projects
- Food and Beverage
- Indiana DIB Capability Accelerator Program (IDCAP)
- Innovation Assessment
- Leadership Development
- Lean Manufacturing
- Lean Office
- Six Sigma
- Supplier Scouting Network
- Supply Chain
- Training Within Industry
Senior Industry Advisor, Food & Beverage