Skills for Success - Quality Technician
Increase your earning potential.
Today's job market is more competitive than ever. Give yourself a leg up by becoming a certified Quality Technician. Our Quality Technician Skills for Success program was developed to address the growing need for skilled workers in manufacturing. This ten-day workshop will give you the skills you need to be successful, led by our instructors with years of industry experience. Through these workshops, participants will learn essential quality concepts, tools, and tasks. This training provides a Purdue University Certificate of Learning and a MSSC Certification in Quality Practices and Measurement.
Quality Technician Average National Salary $38,957
Quality Technician Indianapolis Average Salary $54,022
Courses & Topics
- Quality Tools & Techniques - Learn the basics of quality improvement, quality audits, and the seven quality tools.
- Workplace Skills for Quality Technicians - Learn the core professional skills relevant to working in a manufacturing environment, including effective
communication and conflict management.
- Print Reading for Manufacturing - Learn information and skills needed to interpret prints commonly encountered in manufacturing quality control environments.
- Measurement for Manufacturing - Learn information and skills needed to perform measurements in manufacturing quality control environments using tools such as micrometers and gauge blocks.
- Problem solving using PDCA, A3, and root cause analysis - Discover Plan-Do-Check-Act, A3, and root cause analysis to effectively solve problems in the workplace
- An Introduction to GD&T - Learn information and skills needed to interpret dimensions and tolerances commonly found in manufacturing quality control environments.
- Basic Excel Skills - Learn skills needed to use Excel to create worksheets and perform calculations.
- Statistical Process Control (SPC) & Basic SPC in Excel - Learn information and skills needed to perform basic data analysis and use Excel to perform calculations and create charts.
- Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) and Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) - Learn how to use APQP and PPAP to ensure product quality and process efficiency.
- Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA) and Control Plans - Learn how to use FMEA and control plans to ensure product quality and process efficiency.
Note that this series and the certificate are not related to ASQ’s Quality Technician Certification (CQT).
Senior Services Manager, Management System Standards