Leadership Skills for Success for Managers
Striving for the next level in leadership!
As leaders grow within their organization, so must their skills. In this six-month, intensive course led by Purdue MEP experts, participants will learn and practice key skills every leader needs to be successful as they excel in their current leadership role or move to the next level within their company.
Each session introduces new topics with an emphasis on how to apply these skills in the workplace. The course facilitator will also provide a forum for participant discussion of impact and results.
Each participant will select a project to complete in the workplace with assistance from course instructors; depending upon the project, the course may pay for itself.
The ultimate goal of this course is to provide current leaders with the essential tools and knowledge to succeed in mid-level and top-level leadership roles.
Basic Leadership Skills for Success graduates, new leaders who want to prepare for a mid-level or top-level leadership role, or existing mid-level or top-level managers and executives.
• Emotional Intelligence
• Ethics in Leadership
• IDEA - Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Access
• Culture Building: Vision, Mission, Values, and Strategic Alignment
• Effective Coaching, Communication and Listening
• Project Management
• Principles of Lean Manufacturing with Lean Airplane Simulation
• Effective Time Management
• HR is for Everyone
• Leading Gen Y & Z
• Effective Employee Onboarding
• Finance for Non-Financial Managers
• Discussion of how you applied what was learned in the last session
• Presentation of new material
• Planning for implementation of new skills
• Meets one day every three weeks for six months (ten total sessions)
• Nine days of classroom instruction + one classroom day for project presentations
• Each participant is required to complete a project
Senior Services Manager, Leadership Development