Supplier Scouting Network
As a NIST MEP–approved Center, Purdue MEP is the official representative of the MEP National Network in Indiana. Through this network known as the MEP National Network (MEPNN), Purdue MEP is able to leverage the MEPNN's extensive relationships and knowledge of U.S. manufacturing capabilities and capacity to identify manufacturers across the country that can meet supply chain needs of commercial entities and government agencies.
Purdue MEP is able to connect U.S. manufacturers that have relevant production capabilities and capacities with other manufacturers – enabling them to fulfill current market and societal needs. We can then assist those manufacturers in actually delivering needed products.
MEPNN Supplier Scouting Process
The MEPNN Supplier Scouting process is straight-forward and easy for the requesting company or federal government agency.
For those companies with a supplier need:
- Companies with supply chain needs can download and complete a Supplier Scouting Opportunity Synopsis form. The completed form will need to be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- NIST MEP disseminates the information to MEP Centers in every state and Puerto Rico to conduct a nationwide search for U.S. manufacturers with the capabilities and business interests to supply the needed item.
- The results are summarized by NIST MEP and reported to the organization that submitted the request. MEPNN Supplier Scouting typically takes 30-45 days to return results.
For those companies with manufacturing capacity to produce items in the Open Supplier Scouting Opportunities:
- Review the list of Open Supplier Scouting Opportunities below.
- If your company has the capacity to produce an item in the list below, download and complete a Supplier Scouting Submission Form. The completed form will need to be returned to email@example.com.
- Your information will be submitted to NIST MEP as a potential match.
- The results are summarized by NIST MEP and reported to the organization that submitted the request.
- If identified to move forward, the original submitting organization will contact your company to review details and determine if a match is made.
Open Supplier Scouting Opportunities
|Opportunity Number||Description||Closing Date|
|2023-004||Level 2 EV Charger||1/05/2024|
|2023-005||DC Fast Charger||1/05/2024|
|2023-122||Drawn Copper Tubing||12/28/2023|
|2023-153||Precast Girder Steel Parts||12/09/2023|
|2023-154||Textile or Laundry Company||12/09/2023|
|2023-155||Electrical Silver Contacts Rivets||12/01/2023|
|2023-156||Cardboard Retail Display||12/15/2023|
|2023-157||Benchtop Nanopore RNA/DNA Sequencer||12/15/2023|
|2023-159||Prebiotic Supplement Capsules||12/30/2023|
|2023-161||Supplier of Titanium Investment Casting Capabilities||12/15/2023|
|2023-163||Chrome Plating on ABS Plastics – Mass Production||1/06/2024|
|2023-165||Natural Tree Rubber-Based Sponge for Fitness Mats||2/20/2024|
|2023-166||18" Cast Iron DOMESTIC Flap Gate||12/21/2023|
|2023-167||Polyester Wrapped Helical Wire Spring For Use In Medical Device||1/10/2024|
|2023-168||Components for Card Box/Cribbage Game||1/04/2024|
|2023-169||Hose Clamps - BABA Compliant||1/05/2024|
|2023-170||Steel Coils of Cold Drawn Steel||1/11/2024|
|2023-171||BABA Compliant Rooftop HVAC Units||1/05/2024|
|2023-172||40 CFR 1066 Compliant Exhaust Analytical Equipment||1/05/2024|
|2023-173||Membrane Filter for use in a Water Surface Treatment Plant||1/05/2024|
|2023-175||Kala Namak (Black Salt)||1/05/2024|
|2023-176||Call for Suppliers - Large Scale Project||1/05/2024|
Executive Order on Ensuring the Future Is Made in All of America by All of America's Workers Mentions MEP
On January 25, 2021, The White House announced Executive Order (EO) 14005, called Executive Order on Ensuring the Future is Made in All of America by All American Workers. EO 14005 establishes a substantial role for the MEP National Network in the Biden Administration’s plans to bolster American manufacturing.
“To the extent appropriate and consistent with applicable law, agencies shall partner with the Hollings Manufacturing Extension Partnership (MEP), discussed in the Manufacturing Extension Partnership Improvement Act (title V of Public Law 114-329), to conduct supplier scouting in order to identify American companies, including small- and medium-sized companies, that are able to produce goods, products, and materials in the United States that meet Federal procurement needs.”
You can read the full text of EO 14005 on Ensuring the Future Is Made in All of America by All of America’s Workers.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org