Tuesday, November 27 2018
Purdue MEP Develops Online Lean Safety Course
In manufacturing environments, a proactive approach to safety, with involvement from employees at all levels, can increase employee productivity and commitment, save money, and improve the organization’s reputation. In our new two-hour online course, you’ll learn how lean manufacturing concepts, such as eliminating the eight wastes, can be used to improve safety; you’ll also learn the fundamentals of building a culture of safety commitment as opposed to compliance.
Online Course Objectives:
• Explain how lean concepts can be used to improve safety.
• Describe the difference between safety compliance and safety commitment.
• Explain how to build a culture of safety commitment.
• Describe the process associated with a gemba safety walk.
• List best practices for implementing safety solutions.
• List key elements required for maintaining safety commitment.
Appropriate for: Safety professionals, engineers, managers and supervisors, and other personnel responsible for workplace safety.
Contact Purdue MEP for more information.