Monday, September 29 2014
Professor Touts Positivity, Humor in Leadership
JASPER, IN – A good attitude is the key to leading a successful team in the workplace.
That was the message Purdue University professor Rodney Vandeveer delivered during a workshop titled “Leadership is an Attitude” hosted jointly by the Purdue Technical Assistance Program and Vincennes University Jasper Campus on Friday.
Vandeveer spoke to a group of about 15 managers and supervisors from local businesses about ways to improve their leadership techniques by adjusting their attitudes.
“As leaders, we think we have to find people who are doing things wrong and chastise them. I think for the most part, people want to do a good job and they will do a good job if you trust them to do a good job,” Vandeveer said. “Don't go broke promoting your losers.”
By Claire Moorman, Herald Staff Writer
Writer: Claire Moorman, 812-482-2424, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Benefits of Lean Automation in Manufacturing
- Workforce Development and Automation
- Innovative Training Approach Creates New Manufacturing Talent Pipeline for South Bend
- PTAC/IEDC Announces Additional Funding Available for Cybersecurity Assessments for Indiana Defense Companies
- Purdue MEP Sponsors Best IN Manufacturing Inaugural Event