Thursday, January 21 2021
News from MEP National Network – MEP National Network Demonstrated Significant Positive Impacts for Clients in FY 2020
The NIST MEP Program Evaluation and Economic Research (PEER) Group has just released fiscal year (FY) 2020 impacts for the MEP National Network, which includes Purdue MEP.
In FY 2020, the MEP National Network interacted with 27,574 manufacturers. For every one dollar of federal investment in FY 2020, the MEP National Network generated $19.60 in new sales growth and $33.70 in new client investment. This translates into $2.9 billion in new sales. During this same time, for every $1,381 of federal investment, the Network created or retained one manufacturing job.
In total, the MEP National Network’s work created or retained 105,748 jobs, created $2.7 billion in cost savings, assisted in $13.0 billion of new and retained sales, and helped achieve $4.9 billion of new client investments.
Since 1988, MEP has worked with 121,084 manufacturers, leading to $134.9 billion in new sales and $24.7 billion in cost savings, and it has helped create and retain 1,327,744 jobs.
Learn more about Purdue MEP's impact here.
- Benefits of Lean Automation in Manufacturing
- Workforce Development and Automation
- Innovative Training Approach Creates New Manufacturing Talent Pipeline for South Bend
- PTAC/IEDC Announces Additional Funding Available for Cybersecurity Assessments for Indiana Defense Companies
- Purdue MEP Sponsors Best IN Manufacturing Inaugural Event