Can't find a scheduled time that works for you? Submit an event request and we will keep you updated when new times become available.Submit Event Request
DoD contractors and suppliers must do both of the following:
1. Provide adequate security to safeguard covered defense information that resides in or transits through their internal unclassified information systems from unauthorized access and disclosure; and 2. Rapidly report cyber incidents and cooperate with DoD to respond to these security incidents, including access to affected media and submitting malicious software in accordance with DFARS clause 252.204-7012.
This workshop reviews the threat to which DoD responded, explains the DoD requirements, and provides a methodology to achieve compliance.
- Explain the Cyber Threat that caused DoD to implement DFARS 252.204-7012
- Explain the Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation (DFAR) clause 252.204-7012 and identify who must comply
- List steps and tasks required to Safeguard Covered Defense Information and Cyber Incident Reporting
- Explain what constitutes Controlled Unclassified Information (CUI)
- Describe the Defense Cybersecurity Assessment Program (DCAP) and how it can help achieve compliance
Intended audience: Business owners or managers from organizations that are prime or subcontractors in the DoD supply chain