Can't find a scheduled time that works for you? Submit an event request and we will keep you updated when new times become available.Submit Event Request
This workshop focuses on concepts relating to Life Cycle Analysis (LCA), alternative material selection, by-product reduction, waste exchange, and zero landfill. We will demonstrate some practical tools that can be implemented to reduce or eliminate solid waste stream. These concepts are put into practice through a "Dumpster Dive" activity within a simulated company to sort the trash they produce; calculate the costs associated with managing this waste; and generate ideas for reducing, reusing, and/or recycling to save money and improve the environment.
- Fundamentals of solid waste streams
- Methods to evaluate materials used in products and processes
- Concepts relating to life cycle analysis
- How to reduce or eliminate the solid waste stream
- How to apply the 4Rs: Refuse, Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
Intended audience: Technicians, supervisors, team leaders, plant engineers, industrial engineers, manufacturing engineers, design engineers, procurement specialists, environmental managers, and green team participants.