Manufacturing organizations in today’s workplace expect employees to work smarter and contribute to the company’s success. To do this, employees must possess basic workplace skills, such as the ability to communicate effectively, work in teams, and think critically, as well as basic technical skills, such as the ability to read a blueprint and use common measurement tools.
The goal of this ten-day workshop series is to prepare you for a career in manufacturing. You will learn a wide variety of skills relevant to manufacturing through various methods, including hands-on activities and discussions. Courses are led by facilitators who have extensive experience in manufacturing.
Individuals new to manufacturing or the workforce, individuals seeking work, and individuals desiring to update their workplace skills.
You Will Learn
- Workplace skills: Learn how to be a valued employee, how to work effectively with others, and how to successfully attend a job interview.
- Principles of Lean Manufacturing: Learn the basics of lean manufacturing and how it can improve a manufacturing operation through a fast-paced, hands-on simulation.
- 5S: Learn the concepts of the 5S system and then apply them to transform a cluttered, disorganized production area into a clean, orderly, and efficient workplace.
- Quality tools & Techniques: Learn what quality is, why it is important, and the basic quality tools organizations use to monitor and improve process quality.
- OSHA 10-hour General Industry: Learn how to stay safe at work in a manufacturing environment and obtain your OSHA 10 card.
- Basic Shop Math: Learn or review basic math skills used in a manufacturing environment.
- Measurement for Manufacturing: Learn to use a variety of measurement tools commonly used in manufacturing, including calipers, gauge blocks, and comparators.
- Effective Communication and Critical Thinking: Learn key skills needed to clearly and effectively send and receive messages; learn and practice critical thinking skills through situations related to the workplace.
- Blueprint Reading: Learn to read and interpret engineering prints used in manufacturing.
- Problem Solving and Root cause Analysis: Learn and implement the Plan-Do-Check-Act problem solving method to solve a simulated problem in a manufacturing environment.