Can't find a scheduled time that works for you? Submit an event request and we will keep you updated when new times become available.Submit Event Request
Organizations today want employees with effective communication skills, or the ability to clearly send and receive messages to and from others.
In this workshop, you'll learn how to effectively communicate verbally and nonverbally as well as how to listen for maximum understanding. You can expect to leave this workshop with a better understanding of your own communication strengths and opportunities and well as practical ideas for improving your own communication.
- Define the essence of effective communication.
- Identify common communication problems to avoid.
- Review and self-assess the key skills of effective communication.
- Plan steps that will help you be a better listener.
- Use “empathic listening” to successfully deal with employee concerns/issues.
- Assess your own listening skills and identify areas in which you can improve.
Intended audience: New and experienced managers and leaders who want to develop or improve their communication and listening skills.
Credits: Workshop qualifies for 0.3 CEUs (continuing education units) through Purdue University. There is a $15 processing fee to obtain your CEU transcript record. If you are interested in obtaining CEUs, you can prepay at registration or request an application form at the end of the session.