Lean Implementation Certification
Take your Lean education to the next level.
Most Lean programs teach you the fundamentals, but very few help you put those tools into action. In this twelve-week, intensive course you’ll go from concept to implementation with results-driven projects, access to industry experts, and one-on-one project coaching at your facility. The ultimate goal of this course is to put Lean into action, resulting in cost savings for your organization.
- Fundamentals of Lean manufacturing, including the eight wastes
- Improve quality, efficiency, profitability by implementing Lean
- Create value stream maps to document, analyze, and improve processes
- Learn Lean culture’s role in maintaining an environment of continuous improvement
- Transform the appearance and functionality of a workplace, improve quality, efficiency, and profitability using 5S
- Problem solving methods, tools ,and techniques
- Use set-up reduction and quick changeover techniques (QCO) to save both time and money
- Achieve dramatic improvements in uptime and capacity utilizing total productive maintenance (TPM)
- Effective Kaizen facilitation
- Project management strategies to successfully implement continuous improvement projects
- Measuring financial impact of projects
- Individuals in manufacturing environments that lead/influence continuous improvement projects and/or activities
- Individuals who have completed Purdue MEP’s Lean Practitioner I or II programs
In order to receive the Lean Implementation Certification, participants must complete an instructor-approved project and pass the written exam. *Individuals will receive a half-day of project coaching at their location in Indiana. Out of state participants will have web meetings as needed.
September 28: 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
WEEK 1 Fundamentals of Lean, Lean Culture, and 5S
October 5: 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
WEEK 2 Value Stream Mapping
October 12: 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
WEEK 3 Problem Solving using PDCA, A3, and Root Cause Analysis
October 19: 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
WEEK 4 Quick Changeover and Total Productive Maintenance
October 26: 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
WEEK 5 How to Run a Kaizen Event, Project Management, and Project Financials
WEEK 6 Exam review webinar and online exam
WEEK 7 Students working on projects
WEEK 8 On-site Coaching for 1/3 of the teams
WEEK 9 On-site Coaching for 1/3 of the teams
WEEK 10 On-site Coaching for 1/3 of the teams
WEEK 11 Students finalize project presentation
December 14: 8 a.m. - 12 p.m.
WEEK 12 Presentation of project results and receipt of certification