In this course, participants will learn about the Plan, Do, Check, Act (PDCA) problem solving method. In addition, participants will learn about problem solving tools and activities, including A3, root cause analysis, process mapping, cause and effect diagrams, and others.
Workshop qualifies for 0.8 CEUs (continuing education units) through Purdue University. There is a $15 processing fee to obtain your CEU transcript record. If you are interested in obtaining CEUs, you can prepay at registration or request an application form at the end of the session. Workshop also qualifies for 8 PDHs (professional development hours) through the Indiana State Board of Registration for Professional Engineers. You will be given a Certificate of Attendance to submit to the Board for these credits.
Manufacturing personnel at all levels who want to learn a methodical approach for problem solving or personnel who want to improve their existing problem-solving skills.
You Will Learn
- Define “problem” and identify problem-solving skills.
- Identify barriers to problem solving.
- List the benefits of using a structured problem solving method.
- Explain the A3 problem solving form and how it is used.
- Describe the goals of each Plan-Do-Check-Act (PDCA) step and activities that take place during each step.
- Define “root cause” and distinguish between root causes and symptoms.