This course provides instruction and review of basic mathematics typically used in the manufacturing and shop workplace, including performing calculations with whole numbers, fractions, decimals, and percentages. It also covers English and metric measurements and converting measurements from one system to another. Participants will review and practice math skills using hands-on activities and examples from the manufacturing workplace.
- Add, subtract, multiply, and divide whole numbers.
- Interpret and perform calculations with exponents, fractions, decimals, and percentages.
- Apply the correct order of operations for calculations including a combination of operations.
- Calculate basic statistics from a set of data.
- Calculate perimeter, area, and volume of several geometric shapes.
- Recognize English and metric measurements and convert measurements from one system to another.
- Apply these skills appropriately to work-related tasks.
Manufacturing and shop personnel whose jobs require them to perform mathematical calculations; personnel desiring a refresher in basic math.