An ideal employee is one who is reliable, professional, and eager to learn. In addition, organizations in today’s workplace expect employees to work smarter and contribute to the company’s success.
To do this, employees must be able to do the following effectively: communicate, work in teams, deal with and resolve conflict, take initiative, solve problems, and work safely.
In this course, you will learn methods, techniques, and tools that can help you become a highly valued member of an organization. You will also assess your own workplace skills and identify areas in which you can improve.
- Identify attitudes, characteristics, and skills employers want employees to have.
- Assess your own attitudes, characteristics, and behaviors; identify strengths and weaknesses.
- Explain best practices for working with others.
- Identify the types of diversity commonly encountered in the workplace and describe techniques for dealing with diverse people.
- Describe techniques for dealing with conflict in the workplace.
- List general safety rules for the workplace.
- Implement a problem solving process to solve a given problem.
- List tips and techniques for improving your interviewing success.
- Individuals new to manufacturing or the workforce
. - Individuals seeking work.
- Individuals desiring to upgrade their workplace skills.