In this three-day workshop, you will gain the knowledge and skills you need to audit your quality system to the IATF 16949:2016 standard. Course topics include updates to the IATF 16949 standard, IATF 16949:2016 requirements, quality core tools, customer-specific requirements, auditing principles, and techniques for conducting effective audits. You will also get hands-on practice using auditing tools and techniques and have ample opportunities to get answers to questions you have about conducting QMS audits.
Personnel involved in conducting or supporting an IATF 16949 quality management system and/or QMS internal audits.
NOTE: This course focuses on the IATF standard and auditing; it is intended for individuals who need training on both the standard and auditing. Individuals who need IATF 16949 training that does not include auditing should take our IATF 16949 Champion Training.
You Will Learn
- Explain the purposes of the IATF 16949:2016 standard.
- Describe the structure and elements of IATF 16949:2016.
- Describe the changes included in IATF 16949:2016 and ISO 9001:2015.
- List the quality core tools and the purpose of each.
- Explain customer specific requirements and their function.
- Explain what is meant by a "process approach" and what the strategy of a process approach means for organizations.
- Explain basic principles, techniques, and steps for auditing to IATF 16949.
- Describe techniques for effectively working with others when conducting audits.
- Applying IATF 16949:2016 principles and auditing techniques to practice auditing to the IATF 16949 standard requirements through planned activities.