A Kaizen event, sometimes referred to as a Kaizen blitz, is a focused short-term project to improve a process. Tools implemented during a Kaizen event include value stream mapping, 5S, and TPM. In this workshop, you will learn how to facilitate and implement Kaizen events within your organization.
Managers, supervisors, and other leaders who have completed Lean manufacturing training and are ready to lead Kaizen events for continuous improvement.
You Will Learn
- Describe the purpose, goals, and typical flow of a Kaizen event.
- Write an effective problem statement for a Kaizen event.
- List and describe tools used during a Kaizen event, including root cause analysis, 5 Whys, and an A3.
- List and describe roles and responsibilities of participants, including the sponsor, team leader, and team members.
- Describe techniques for working effectively as a team.