Geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T) is a symbolic language that is used on engineering drawings to specify features of a part, including the size, shape, form, and orientation. GD&T was created to improve quality, reduce cost, and ensure that mating parts are assembled properly.
In this course, participants will learn the language of GD&T, interpret GD&T drawings, and perform hands-on exercises to practice what they have learned.
- Quality control/assurance technicians and inspectors; other manufacturing personnel whose jobs require the reading of engineering drawings and are new to manufacturing.
- Individuals with limited or no knowledge of GD&T.
You Will Learn
- Explain the history of GD&T.
- Explain the benefits of using GD&T.
- Describe when GD&T is used.
- Define “datum” and explain the use of datums.
- Interpret feature control frames, including geometric tolerance symbols, tolerance information, material condition modifiers, and datum references.