To assist manufacturers with creating a defined, prioritized plan of action, Purdue MEP has launched the competitiveness review program. This initiative is the core of Purdue MEP’s business growth services, and the first step in a strategic, hands-on approach to help improve a company’s performance.
The competitiveness review process consists of two parts. First, the company completes an online self-assessment, which takes approximately one to two hours. Once that is submitted, a Purdue MEP staff member will meet with company representatives to review and analyze results from the self-assessment. Results will be presented in comparison to benchmark standards.
The end result is a customized plan that features solutions designed to improve productivity, quality, profits, and sales.
Why Schedule a Competitiveness Review for your Company?
• This service is provided at no cost to Indiana manufacturers.
• The assessment reveals (or confirms) limiting factors and provides a snapshot comparison to other companies.
• The assessment delivers a road map to improve competitiveness, performance, and the bottom line.
ANALYZE Gain an understanding of the company’s abilities and identify limiting factors hindering success
BENCHMARK Measure competitiveness against other companies nationally, via a database-driven comparison
PLAN Identify strategic and tactical business improvement services that can boost competitiveness, performance, growth, and profitability
How will this service help companies?
The competitiveness review process is deliberately “built for speed” to allow rapid intervention. After completing the steps below, the company will have an actionable plan to improve performance.
• Company completes a confidential online survey.
• An initial report, based on the information entered into the survey, is provided to the organization.
• Purdue MEP’s two-hour, on-site visit helps identify and set top priority technical and business challenges based on the initial report.
• Results are returned to you within 3-5 business days.
• Purdue MEP experts provide an in-depth action plan that features strategies and solutions designed to improve productivity, quality, profits, and sales.
MEP experts get to know your company when performing the competitiveness review assessment. This puts them in the unique position to make targeted recommendations and, if needed, link your company to resources that will not only provide the service or training needed but will be a good overall fit for your company’s culture and future success.
Purdue MEP utilizes the tool and industry experience to analyze the following:
• Business Planning
• Process Improvement
• Supplier Relations
• Information Technology
• Marketing & Sales
• Innovation Engineering
• Quality Systems
• Project Management
• Industry 4.0
• Recruitment & Separation
• Engagement & Rewards
• Development & Advancement
• Health & Safety
Contact us today to set up your Competitiveness Review!
Senior Services Manager - Management Systems Standards