R. Joe DeVoy
Industry Advisor South
Joe DeVoy is an Industry Advisor for the Purdue Manufacturing Extension Partnership (MEP). He works with organizations throughout the State of Indiana to provide trusted consultation, training, and technical assistance services. Through the complete offering of Purdue MEP services, Joe delivers high value, cost effective solutions to drive improvement, streamline processes, spur growth, and ultimately increase competitiveness.
Joe has a diverse background including commercial and industrial construction, automotive, aluminum casting, rolling, and finishing, industrial maintenance, pharmaceutical production and packing. Since 2007, Joe has been focused primarily on the multi-site implementation of Lean Manufacturing including strategy development and deployment, training, KPI system integration, and project work.
He graduated from Oakland City University in Evansville, Ind. with a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Management. Joe is a Journeyman Carpenter, holds Industry Lean certifications, and has a Six Sigma Black Belt from Purdue University.
In his free time, Joe loves to travel, spend time with his three daughters, many types of music, landscaping and home improvement, physical fitness, and machine repair and mechanics.
His passion is empowering people to improve their processes with lean manufacturing tools and systems.in turn enabling manufacturers to reap bottom line improvements.
Skills and Expertise
- People development
- Group facilitation
- Lean Manufacturing training
- Lean Manufacturing project management
- Value Stream Mapping
- A3 strategy development and deployment
- KPI systems and daily structure
- Kaizen event leadership
- TPM planning and execution
- TPS 8-step Problem Solving leadership and coaching
- Lean Leadership including Gemba Walks and Leader Standard Work
- Standard Work development
- Refractory furnace rebuilding and maintenance
- Mobile equipment operation and management
- Mobile and fixed rail crane maintenance management
- Industrial relations
- Hydraulics and Pneumatics
- Industrial outage management and coordination
- Automotive assembly methods and assemble equipment maintenance
- Welding and machining methods
- Commercial and industrial construction methods and project management
- Employee management and team leadership development