This course educates participants in sustainable manufacturing practices that prevent pollution, reduce toxins and waste, reduce energy and compliance costs while impacting the bottom line. Attendees will gain an understanding of global business conditions and the need for integrating sustainability into existing continuous improvement initiatives.
Topics covered include:
- Water Conservation- Learn about sustainable water management and methods to reduce consumption and wastewater treatment costs while conserving an increasingly valuable resource.
- Air Pollution Solutions - Learn methods and practices to reduce air emissions and improve work environments and reduce environmental impacts.
- Solid Waste Management - Roadmap to Zero Landfill - Learn the fundamentals of solid waste management through implementing the “4Rs” — Refuse, Reduce, Reuse, Recycle and participating in a “Waste Sort” exercise.
- Toxic Waste Minimization - Intro to Green Chemistry - Apply green chemistry principles and techniques throughout the business – from cleaning to machining – to meet regulatory requirements and provide a healthier, safer environment.
- Energy Management- Learn how to understand utility bills, measure and calculate energy usage, and evaluate energy reduction opportunities.
Companies wanting to become more economically sustainable.
You Will Learn
How to implement pollution prevention practices in your facility, saving money, reducing energy usage, and benefiting the environment.