January 11, 2018
Economic Development Corporation of Elkhart County
300 Nibco Pkwy
Elkhart, IN 46516
8:00 AM - 4:00 PM EST
Monday, January 8
To reserve your spot in this workshop, please click the "Register (Email)" link below to send us an email.
Include the following in the body of the email:
- Your name
- Your title
- Company name
- Workshop date/location
Once this step has been completed, Purdue MEP will notify you to complete your registration and payment.
Can't find a scheduled time that works for you? Submit an event request and we will keep you updated when new times become available.
Submit Event Request
A Kaizen event, sometimes referred to as a Kaizen blitz, is a focused short-term project to improve a process. Tools implemented during a Kaizen event include value stream mapping, 5S, and TPM. In this workshop, you will learn how to facilitate and implement Kaizen events within your organization.
Managers, supervisors, and other leaders who have completed Lean manufacturing training and are ready to lead Kaizen events for continuous improvement.
You Will Learn
- Describe the purpose, goals, and typical flow of a Kaizen event.
- Write an effective problem statement for a Kaizen event.
- List and describe tools used during a Kaizen event, including root cause analysis, 5 Whys, and an A3.
- List and describe roles and responsibilities of participants, including the sponsor, team leader, and team members.
- Describe techniques for working effectively as a team.