This workshop provides an introduction to reading and interpreting engineering prints and technical drawings used for manufacturing. You will practice what you have learned through multiple realistic hands-on activities.
- Describe the basic structure and elements of a manufacturing print.
- Describe and identify the types of lines used on prints and the purpose of each.
- Describe and recognize the views typically included on prints.
- Explain how dimensions are indicated on prints.
- Explain the purpose and contents of assembly drawings.
- Recognize and identify symbols included on drawings, including screw threads, holes, and surface finishes.
All manufacturing personnel, including operators, technicians, and supervisors