Daniel Goleman contends, “IQ determines the careers and professions people enter, but EQ determines how far they get in that career or profession.” Emotional intelligence is the ability to comprehend value and manage the emotions of one’s self and others. It is an essential skill for understanding leader and for a project team environment. Leaders need self-awareness, self-discipline, motivation, social competence and empathy, but our society isn't developing people with these competences. This session explores the importance of using emotional intelligence for creating a stronger leadership model.
- Define emotional intelligence
- Discover your own level of emotional intelligence
- Focus on building a new perspective around emotional intelligence
- Understand the leadership implications of emotional intelligence
- Identify the five parts of emotional intelligence
- Discovery one’s own level of emotional intelligence
- Discuss ways to grow one’s emotional intelligence