In the next 10 years half of the work force will be made up of those identified as the millennial generation. Retiring Baby Boomers will be leaving the leadership ranks with more spaces than the Gen-Xers can fill and the workload will fall on the Gen-Y's. This session explores the general perceived differences between the employees from the different generations in communication, workplace improvement and employee effectiveness.
- Examine the uniqueness of the four generations in the work place
- Understanding preferred leadership style of each generation
- Learning to communicate with employees about performance expectations
- Gaining experience giving performance feedback
- Understand the characteristics of the Veterans/Traditionalist, Baby Boomers, Generation X, and Generation Y
- Explore employee motivation throughout the generations
- Provide tips on working effectively with Millennials
Business owners, management teams, supervisors and executives.
You Will Learn
Each participant attending this session will: • Introduction to the four generation presently in the workplace • Look at the difference between the generations • Examine employee motivation throughout the generations • Learn how to work with employees from different generations • Examine communication issues between generations • Understand generational performance management • Leading through the generations