Managing conflict within the organization is central to the leader's ability to have the trust and respect of the employees. This session will explore various conflict management techniques and the skills that generate peak performance and goal achievement from your people.
- Define conflict
- Assessing your conflict management preference
- Understanding the three views of conflict
- Learn five ways to manage conflict
- Learn when conflict is functional or dysfunctional
- Develop guidelines for taking disciplinary action
- Evaluate individual preferences for managing conflict
- Be able to use the correct conflict management technique for a particular situation
- Know when and how to take effective disciplinary action
Business owners, management teams, supervisors and executives.
You Will Learn
Each participant attending this session will:
•Better understand the conflict handling process.
•Differentiate between the traditional, human relations, and interactionist view of conflict
•Be able to describe the five conflict-handling intentions
•Identify when conflict is functional or dysfunctional
•Identify the two basic types of problems that require disciplinary action
•The four factors leaders need to consider in judging the seriousness of a problem
•Improve their ability to manage conflict
•Develop a better understanding of the relationship that the leader and employee employ in handing conflict and disciplinary problems