This basic print reading class explains the importance of engineering drawings in manufacturing. It discusses the basic elements of a blueprint and introduces the concepts which students must master to successfully interpret engineering drawings. No prior knowledge of drafting or drawing is assumed. This blueprint reading training covers the principles of shop sketching, basic review of shop mathematics, and use of common measuring tools.
· Introduction to Blueprint Reading
· Drawing: Layout, Annotation, Management and Scales and scaling
· Drawing Views: Orthographic Projection/Third angle projection, Primary Views, Auxiliary Views and Sectional Views
· Dimensioning and Tolerancing
· Holes, Radii, Chamfers, Angles
· GDT (Very Limited Introduction): Symbols, Datums, Form/Position and True Position
· Drawing Types: Details, Welding, Assembly, Pictorial