Many companies can reduce energy costs by reducing their peak electricity demand each month. Utilities encourage this with different tariff structures and financial incentives. Attendees of this workshop will learn how to measure, monitor and control peak energy use as well as understand how their energy consumption profile impacts their bottom line. The workshop also covers:
• Units of electrical measure and utility billing
• How to cost justify reductions in peak demand
• Utility tariff components and how they impact your costs
• Which systems impact peak demand
• How to adjust your load profile and control peak demand
• The pros and cons of different types of distributed generation
Credits: Workshop qualifies for 0.4 CEUs (continuing education units) through Purdue University. There is a $15 processing fee to obtain your CEU transcript record. If you are interested in obtaining CEUs, you can prepay at registration or request an application form at the end of the session. Workshop also qualifies for 4 PDHs (professional development hours) through the Indiana State Board of Registration for Professional Engineers. You will be given a Certificate of Attendance to submit to the Board for these credits.